- Select Fire Company to join - see individual company web pages for information.
- Obtain membership application – Call 716-683-1901
- Complete application and attached forms, along with a copy of your drivers license and social security card.
- Law Enforcement performs police record and arson background check.
- The Fire Company you applied to will contact you to set up an interview.
- Applicant schedules and completes a physical. NOTE: Applicant physicals must be completed with 30 days of application.
- After the Fire Company interview, the Fire Company votes on applicant at next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Once physical results are received by the LFD, the application is forwarded to the Department for approval.
- Once approved by the Department, the application is forwarded to the Lancaster Village Board for approval.
- Once approved by the Lancaster Village Board, the LFD Secretary will contact the new member to schedule time to review and complete paperwork.